Saturday, May 26, 2018

The real work begins

Over the past few weeks I have been dutifully filling out my spreadsheets, planning what to bring where I can pack it, going to the store to make sure I have fresh razor blades and new false eyelashes.  That was all kid stuff compared to what is in the works starting today.

Yesterday, I had my body waxed and I still feel sticky.  Its surprising how long it takes to find all the hidden, sticky wax bits after you are done.  The waxing itself takes about 90 minutes to do both arms, both legs, my chest, my back, my butt, and then getting a nice bikini line. Nobody wants to see yucky boy hair sticking out when I'm wearing my bikini at the pool. Waxing is awesome for a nice clean feel and you don't get stubble for a while. That's very important when you have a few nights of dressing up on the schedule. I want to be able to focus on hair and makeup and not have to shave again the next evening before slipping into my stockings and garter belt.

This weekend is finalizing a few things, and I get an extra day since its Memorial Day weekend here in the US. I will spend some time working on my eyebrows. I have had them waxed in the past but they always do a natural full brow. I am hoping to pluck them a little tighter than normal from the bottom up so its a little thinner than I normally wear them. They'll grow back, right?

Tuesday is the day before I leave and that will be a busy day as well. I have my hair color appointment as well as a manicure and pedicure. I love the feel and look of a nice gel nail extension. The color is baked right into the process so my nails will be pretty for the duration of the trip. Some people will notice my long colored nails when I'm waiting in line for airport security but who cares. My nails will look beautiful dammit.

Just a quick note on where I stand with my weight loss plan for the wedding dress fitting. My last weigh in before I leave for Las Vegas I came in at 197.5 pounds. Yay Me! I should be able to slip into the wedding dress with no problems. I shipped it off on Tuesday so it will be there when I get to Las Vegas.

One little thing to leave you with. After my waxing and weight loss I just had to do a test fitting of my black and pink lingerie. This is my official Thursday night show lingerie.


No comments:

Post a Comment