Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Those In The Know

There are so many crossdressers that are afraid of being found out, I myself used to be one of them. Even to this day I am out, but not OUT. I lead a sort of a double life; those who know and those who don't. Ultimately progressing in my adventures may come back to haunt me but I continue to expand the number of people who know about my dressing.

The friends I have had since childhood and I still see regularly today are not familiar with my crossdressing adventures. Well....that's not entirely true, I have on a few occasions shown up to a Halloween party as a bride, Cher and Cyndi Lauper. But those were costumes and there is a difference. I don't expect that any of my friends would mind if I told them about my crossdressing. I don't think they would want me to show up to Thanksgiving dinner in a party dress either but I think they would be OK with the fact that I dress up sometimes. Some may even want to see it.

But when I think of how closeted I was in the past to where I am now, I was curious to think about just how many people are aware.

First off, my wife. She knows I dress up and is fine with it. She helps me with sizing and fashion advice, buys me the occasional gift and will go out in public with me dressed up too. Not wanting to hide this from her, I told her after about two months of dating just so she was able to make the decision herself if she could live with my crossdressing. That was about 11 years ago, so I think she is OK with it.

Second is what I'll refer to as my burlesque friends. My wife bought me a series of burlesque dance lessons for a birthday gift about eight years ago and I've been dancing with them ever since. Initially it was my burlesque teacher, and the students, then more students and the people who came to watch our shows so that has kind of exploded the number of people. I don't know a most of the audience members by name but some and of course my girlfriends have boyfriends or husbands whom I've met and chatted with. I would put this number at around 50-100 with varying levels of familiarity, excluding audience members.

Within the burlesque community I have about ten close friends who I perform with or takes classes with a lot and I have two besties who I would call my girlfriends, not dating girlfriends but who I hang out with a lot whether I am dressed as a girl or not. These are the girls that will be joining me at the wedding dress fitting and shows in Las Vegas, along with my wife.

My Besties

I also have a number of service providers that I have some contact with as well.  I have my regular nail salon tech, my hairdresser, the guy where I get my body waxing done, I have met with a couple of different makeup artists and photographers who I've done photoshoots with. 

And lastly are the random encounters, this would be the last group of people who I have interacted with while dressed. This would include bartenders and waitstaff at restaurants, retail workers at makeup retailers, womens clothing shops, Victoria's Secret and all manner of locations, movie theater staff, etc.

It's really not that hard to be out and about and the number of people who are aware of you just grows and grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment