Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The Events of Summer

Las Vegas 2014

Depending on how you count I have anywhere from 2 to 5 events planned for the next few months.

First, I am going to Las Vegas at the end of May with my wife and friends to attend some shows and generally have a fun time. At a number of points during the trip I will be dressed up in all my girl finery. We have two shows that I will definitely be dressing to the nines for. We also have a pool day planned and I will be wearing a bikini at the hotel pool. So I guess you can count that as one or three events.

Also, while in Las Vegas I have another event planned. Back in November I was in Las Vegas to run a half marathon and while I was there I decided it could be fun to go wedding dress shopping, at a real bridal store. It was every bit as fun as I had imagined, trying on beautiful dress after dress. Well, one thing led to another and ended up buying one. Silly me. It arrived about a month ago and I plan on having a final fitting to get the hem and fit just right.

I told my girlfriends about the dress fitting and they want to come along and join in the fun. So now that is an additional event while I'm in Las Vegas. Girls day at the bridal salon. Of course I'll have to make sure my wedding lingerie works with my wedding dress so, I'll be wearing that and a easy to get into and out of casual dress when we go. If I'm doing that I might as well do my hair up too.  Just to get an idea of how the whole package will look. There will be pictures.

Finally, after we get back from Las Vegas and the dress is all perfectly fit there is one more event on the horizon. The girls who are going with me to the bridal salon are a couple of my burlesque friends.We actually do an act where I am Marilyn Monroe, they are wearing tuxedos and we perform to Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend. Recently, they told me about this cool old mansion where we could do a photo shoot.I thought we were going to do promotional photos for our troupe, but it turns out they want to wear their tuxedos and I will be wearing my wedding dress. Little old bridal me with two "grooms" for a photoshoot. That will be so much fun, I am super excited. And so are they.

So that's it, somewhere between two and five girly events depending on how you count it.

34 days and counting to Las Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment